We are so excited to see each of you, to help get you feeling better and achieving your health and wellness goals. As you know this return will not be business as usual, so we wanted to outline changes that you will experience during your visit to Lighthouse.
Before You Come…
For those of you who have regular scheduled visits please call the office to determine a new appointment time, as we will have limited available appointments to maintain proper social distancing. We may have to move your regular appointment time.
Your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of our team are of the upmost importance to us. We have implemented pre-screening for COVID-19 symptoms which will occur at the time of your booking in the form of a self-assessment questionnaire on your confirmation email.
Likewise, our entire team will also be self-screening each day and will not be able to come into the clinic if there are any affirmative screening questions.
Self-Assessment must be completed prior to attending your appointment.
Any patients who answer YES to a pre-screening question are not able to attend the clinic and will be asked to cancel their appointment, stay home and contact BC Interior Health at 8-1-1.
You will be sent an appointment reminder at 2 pm the day prior to your scheduled appointment with a link to complete the self-assessment and informed consent form.
If you respond YES to any of the assessment questions, stay home and call to cancel your appointment.
If you respond NO to all the assessment questions you are safe to attend your appointment. By submitting this form, we will be notified of your responses. Please note your information will be kept completely confidential.
We are asking patients to help us maintain a healthy and safe environment in our clinic by answering pre-screening questions truthfully and following the new procedures in the clinic.
Appointments for elderly and patients with chronic illness will be scheduled on a case by case basis to perform a necessary risk assessment for in-person care.
Cancellation fees will be forfeited in cases of communicated cancellations. Missed appointments (no show, no communication) will result in a missed visit charge of $55 for chiropractic appointments and $77 for massage appointments.
When you arrive…
To reduce the number of people in the clinic at one time please arrive only a few minutes prior to your appointment. To further limit the amount of people in the clinic at one time, we ask that you do not have anyone, including children, accompany you into the clinic for your visit unless they also have a scheduled visit at the same time. Exceptions include if you need another person to assist you into the treatment room or for guardians accompanying a minor, at which point only one guardian is to attend. If you have a family member or friend who brings you to an appointment they will need to remain in their vehicle during the appointment. Furthermore, we ask that you leave all non-essential belongings in your vehicle (jackets, bags, hats etc.).
If you have a mask we encourage you to wear it to your appointment.
Please visit the washroom located across from the clinic to thoroughly wash your hands prior to entering the clinic.
Only 4 people may wait in the reception area at a given time to allow for proper physical distancing of 2m apart. Please wait in the hallway 2m apart until space is available.
Please remove footwear at the shoe rack area
Please maintain physical distancing of 2 meters from admin when checking in and wait to follow directions of the admin. Please do not walk to the adjusting area without permission. We have implemented a new system to help maintain physical distancing in the clinic.
We want to thank you in advance for your cooperation with this.
Measures we are taking…
- We are doing everything we can to ensure a clean environment.
- Hours are being modified to stagger patient appointments and limit interaction among patients.
- Furniture has been limited and spaced at least 2m apart
- Doors are being left open to avoid the need to touch door handles.
- All patients entering the clinic are being asked to WASH THEIR HANDS WITH SOAP before proceeding to the adjustment tables, as well as after they leave the clinic.
- All reception surfaces are being cleaned and disinfected at least twice per day.
- All treatment tables are being disinfected after EVERY patient.
- Practitioners are washing his hands with soap frequently throughout the shift and sanitizing between EVERY patient.
- All group workshops have been suspended for the time being.
- All practitioners are wearing surgical or cloth masks to protect against droplet transmission.
- Touchless payment system is in place. You will be asked for your credit card or visa debit card to be put on file for payment when service is rendered.
- A specialized air purifier is in place to clean the air and surfaces of the open clinic areas.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding with these new procedures. Rest assured that you will still have the same fantastic experience and care at Lighthouse that you have come to love and trust in the past.